I recently received a SMS from HotDoc, why have you sent this?
HotDoc provides clinics with a service where we may send a SMS to their patients advising them of any of the following:
- An upcoming appointment
- A health message that requires your attention
- Information about the clinic e.g. services they provide
- A code to verify your HotDoc Account
Some further information about HotDoc SMS:
- You may receive a SMS from a mobile number that HotDoc uses for our appointment reminder service, or from the clinic directly, depending on the service they're using.
- If your SMS Reminder has a link to click to confirm, you can do so on your smart phone. However, if you do not own a smart phone, you can also copy the link into a web browser on a computer or tablet to view your reminder page. Alternatively, some clinics may also offer the option to reply directly to the message with a Yes or No.
- If you did not anticipate a verification code to be sent to your mobile, please disregard this SMS. It is likely that someone who is trying to sign up may have a number similar to you and has entered their details in wrong. They will not be able to verify their mobile number and will be required to try the sign up process again.
- If you no longer wish to receive SMS reminders from your clinic, please see How can I opt out of HotDoc Communication?