I recently received an SMS from HotDoc, why have you sent this?
HotDoc provides clinics with a service where we may send an SMS to their patients advising them of any of the following:
- An upcoming appointment
- A health message that requires your attention
- Information about the clinic e.g. services they provide
- A code to verify your HotDoc Account
Some further information about HotDoc SMS:
- You may receive an SMS from a mobile number that HotDoc uses for our appointment reminder service, or from the clinic directly, depending on the service they're using.
- If your SMS Reminder has a link to click to confirm, you can do so on your smart phone. However, if you do not own a smart phone, you can also copy the link into a web browser on a computer or tablet to view your reminder page. Alternatively, some clinics may also offer the option to reply directly to the message with Yes or No.
- If you did not anticipate a verification code to be sent to your mobile, please disregard this SMS. It is likely that someone who is trying to sign up to HotDoc may have a similar number to yours and has entered their number incorrectly. They will not be able to verify their mobile number and will be required to complete the signup process again.
- If you no longer wish to receive SMS reminders from your clinic, please see How can I opt out of HotDoc Communication?