With COVID-19 causing some changes in how your medical centre operates, you may find that they now offer the option to book and pay for an appointment online.
If your clinic accepts appointment payments via HotDoc, please read below to learn more about how to process your payment.
How to pay for an Appointment
- If you have been directed by your clinic's online booking page to make an appointment, you will be asked to choose a time and confirm that you understand payment will be required:
- After confirming that payment is required, you will then be asked to enter your contact mobile and email address. You can change the pre-populated information if you wish to be contacted on details that differ from your HotDoc account:
- Confirm the request for the booking by selecting Yes, book now:
- After submitting the request, you will then see the option to Pay now. Select this to be taken to your clinic's payment portal:
- After selecting Pay now, you will be directed to your clinic's payment page:
- After payment, your funds are held in a 'pre-authorised' state for up to 5 days and won't be fully taken from your card until after your appointment time. You will also receive an email confirming the booking and payment:
How do I request a refund?
- If you cancel your booking from within the app, you will receive your funds back from the pre-authorised state. This may take up to 5 business days to complete.
- If you are requesting a refund for other reasons, or if you are unable to cancel the appointment in your account, please phone your clinic directly.
HotDoc help provide the platform for clinics to process your prescription request, however we are unable to reverse any payments or orders ourselves on behalf of the clinic once the order has been made.