HotDoc provides a secure platform for medical practitioners to communicate with their patients via SMS or email for appointment reminders, review requests or health information. However, sometimes, you may wish to stop receiving these types of communications.
To opt out of SMS or email communication, follow the steps below.
In this article
How to opt out of SMS communication
- To opt out of SMS communications from HotDoc, you can simply reply to the SMS with the word 'STOP'. HotDoc will register this command and make sure you no longer receive SMS communication via HotDoc from this clinic:
- Alternatively, you can also click into the link of either the Reminder or Health Message:
- Next, select the Unsubscribe or Opt Out option at the bottom:
- You may need to confirm your action again by selecting Yes, Unsubscribe:
- You should then see a message, similar to the one below, appear on your screen indicating that you have successfully opted out:
- Lastly, you can also contact your clinic via phone to request that they opt you out of HotDoc SMS communications. They can then perform this step manually on their end.
How to opt out of email communication
HotDoc may send you email communication to confirm an appointment you have made with the clinic. This can happen even if you haven't used HotDoc to make the booking.
- If you wish to unsubscribe from these types of emails, scroll to the bottom of the confirmation email and select the 'Unsubscribe from appointment notifications' button.
- Next, select the green Unsubscribe box and that's it! You will no longer receive confirmation emails for clinic booked appointments.
- Alternatively, if you do not see an unsubscribe button, please submit a request using the link at the bottom of this page and a member of our team will action the opt out request and provide confirmation of this as soon as it is completed.
Need more help?
If you're still experiencing issues from here, feel free to submit a request and we'll be in touch soon.