I would like to check in for my appointment using the HotDoc app to avoid the reception queue. How do I do this?
The HotDoc Mobile App allows you to check in for your appointment directly from the Appointments tab, if your clinic uses this feature. To learn how to skip the reception queue, read the following article to view instructions on how to check in and some tips if it's not working as expected:
- How does Mobile Check-In Work?
- What to do if something went wrong during the check-in
- What to do if you can't see a "Check-in now" button
How does Mobile Check-In Work?
- Firstly, you'll receive a push notification when it’s time to check-in, so make sure you have Push Notifications enabled for the app on your device:
- Alternatively, when you arrive at the clinic, open your HotDoc mobile app to the Appointments tab and select Check in now:
- We will ask permission to access your location for this check-in and you will need to allow this to continue:
- Confirm your details, or a family member's details if you’ve booked on their behalf:
- That’s it! If you see the below screen, you’re now checked in and can take a seat instead of standing in a queue:
What to do if something went wrong during the check-in
There are a few reasons your check-in may not work as expected:
- You’re too far away.
You need to be at the clinic to check-in, so wait until you’ve arrived and try again
- Your details don’t match those on file with the clinic, or your medicare card has expired.
Talk to reception to make sure these are up to date and complete your check-in. You’ll then be able to use mobile check-in for your next appointment
What to do if you can't see a “Check-in now” button
- If you do not see a check in button, please make sure you have updated to the latest version of the HotDoc app from the App Store or Google Play.
- If you still can’t see the Check-in now button your clinic may not offer mobile check-in, and you’ll need to check-in at reception or via a Kiosk if the clinic uses this too.