With COVID-19 causing some changes in how your medical centre operates, you may find that they now offer the option to book a Telehealth appointment.
- A Telehealth appointment is usually when the practitioner will call you and consult over the phone. However, some clinics may also offer video chat services.
- HotDoc has provided our clinics with a platform to both book and facilitate video consults, all by using our HotDoc Online Booking system.
If your clinic accepts Telehealth Video consults, please read below to learn more about how to book and attend a Video appointment.
In this article
How to book a Telehealth Video appointment
- If you have been directed by your clinic's online booking page to make a Telehealth appointment type, you will be asked to choose a time and then verify your contact number and email address:
- After confirming these details, you will see the option to confirm your booking request. Select Yes, book now to send the request to the clinic:
- Once your appointment is confirmed, you will receive an email with some additional information about your video consultation. Please read this in depth so you are prepared for your consult:
How do I join the Video consult?
If your clinic uses HotDoc's Telehealth Video solution, this option can be booked either via HotDoc online or appointments booked via the clinics reception team.
- Once your appointment has been confirmed, you will be provided the link to the consult in any of these three places:
- Your HotDoc confirmation email
- The Appointments tab in the Mobile/Web app
- The appointment reminder
Example of the app link
Example of the email link
Example of the appointment reminder link
- We suggest that you "arrive" 10 minutes early to the virtual meeting room and ensure you have the following ready:
- A computer, tablet, or mobile phone charged at least 50% and with a video camera and microphone
- A browser such as Safari, Chrome, or Firefox installed and updated to the latest version
- A stable internet connection
- A quiet and private room to complete the call from
- Somewhere to write down notes from your doctor during the call
- If you are yet to join the room but your practitioner is ready to see you, you may also receive a SMS with the link:
- Once you're ready, click on the link in either the email or the app and you will be taken to a virtual "waiting room" which will show you your place in the queue. Select Start consultation when you are ready to join the consult:
- You will then be asked to grant permission to use your device's camera and microphone. Allow these permissions then wait for your practitioner to join the consult room:
What are the minimum system requirements?
In order to use HotDoc Telehealth Video it is recommended the following:
- A strong, stable internet connection
- A smart mobile device or computer with the latest software version and up to date internet browser
- Any VPNs that you are currently using should be disabled
If you do not have a computer or mobile device that meets the requirements above, we suggest choosing a Telehealth Phone appointment type (if your clinic is offering this) rather than Video. Your Doctor can still contact you for a telephone consult on the phone number you elect during the booking process.