HotDoc allows practice's to automatically charge a payment method of your choice after you've attended your booking.
If your clinic accepts appointment payments via HotDoc, please read below to learn more about how to process your payment or for information regarding refunds.
In this article
How to pay for an appointment
- After selecting your appointment type, practitioner and time, you will firstly be asked to confirm your contact details:
- After this, you will be directed to either enter a new payment method, or choose from an existing method if you have uploaded one before:
- After choosing an option, you will be shown a confirmation dialogue that confirms your appointment choice:
- If you are yet to add a payment method to your account, you will be prompted to do so after selecting Yes, book now. You must then select Add payment method and add a method within 30 minutes of making your booking, or your appointment request will be automatically cancelled:
- You will then be asked to fill in the following fields to add a payment method:
- After selecting Continue, you should be able to see the appointment in your Appointments tab once confirmed:
- Once you have attended your appointment, you will see the charge in the Appointments tab and an email will be sent to you to confirm that your payment has been successful:
Note: When you add a card to your HotDoc account when booking an appointment, an automatic charge will be processed of US$1.00. This charge will be pending, and you will never be charged the amount. This is standard practice when verifying card details and may appear on your card between 1-5 business days.
How do I request a refund?
- If you cancel your booking from within the app, HotDoc will not collect any funds for that appointment.
- If you are requesting a refund for other reasons, or if you are unable to cancel the appointment in your account, please phone your clinic directly via phone.