Please follow the steps in this article if you would like to book a COVID-19 Vaccine appointment.
How to book a COVID-19 Vaccine appointment
|Before you book a vaccine appointment, please check if you are eligible to receive the vaccine within the current government phase by completing the questions in this link https://covid-vaccine.healthdirect.gov.au/|
- In the HotDoc app or website, you can search for a clinic or practitioner of your choice or filter by the Find a COVID-19 vaccine appointment option. Clinics that accept vaccine appointments will have a ✓ COVID VACCINE tag:
- Once you have selected a clinic, click the Book Appointment button or click on the practitioner to see their available appointment times:
- You will then be asked if you are booking for yourself, someone else or a family member/friend:
- You will then select if you are new patient or existing patient to the clinic:
- Select a COVID-19 Vaccine Dose 1 or COVID-19 Vaccine Dose 2 appointment type (if the clinic has this available):
- Select your practitioner, time and date of the appointment. You will be required to answer a series of eligibility questions before booking the appointment:
- If you are eligible within the current phase as proposed by the government, you will be able to book an appointment successfully. You may also be directed to book your Vaccine Dose 2 appointment directly after you book Dose 1.
- Once you have completed your booking, you may be required to fill in a COVID-19 Vaccine Consent form and/or a New Patient Registration form if you're a new patient to the clinic. You will receive various prompts to fill in these forms in your app, or via email.
- Once your booking has been accepted by the clinic you will receive an appointment confirmation email. This may include some important information for you to read before you attend your appointment:
- If you have booked both Dose 1 and 2 appointments, then try to cancel Dose 1 before cancelling Dose 2, you will be informed to cancel your Dose 2 appointment first:
- One day before your appointment, you will receive an appointment reminder in the form of an email, push notification or SMS where you can confirm or decline your appointment. Please look out for the important information in your app once you confirm your appointment:
Once you have attended your appointment, you may receive an email with some important information following your vaccine appointment: